The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications and experience:-
• A recognised trade certificate in Commercial Cookery or has completed Cooks Trade Test Classes II or I.
• Diploma or Certificate in Culinary skills from a recognized institute would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years in a similar position preferably in a resort establishment.
• Has broad experience in international cuisine, specialising in patisseries and is able to plan, produce and present a range of high quality products with creativity and attention to detail.
• Ability to do recipe costing and ordering with given budgets
• Is familiar with all aspects relating to the cost control process i.e. food quality specifications, purchasing, receiving, storage, par stock level & stock rotation, portion / cost and quality control.
• Ability to maximise productivity with proper staff scheduling and supervision. Formal training and hands-on experience in On-The-Job training.
• Has good people management skills that will enhance positive employee attitudes, healthy employee relationships and team spirit.
• Is able to maintain a high standard of kitchen / food hygiene and sanitation.
• Computer skills in Word and Excel application will be an advantage.
• Excellent customer service skills with an outgoing personality
• Is physically fit, in good health and well presented.
• Is able to live and work in an island resort environment.
Application must be submitted together with Resume, certified copy of Birth Certificate and a Passport photograph.